“A Sturdy Classic”
Available for a yard that considers innovation and sustainability to be important. Full drawing package available including lines plan, lofting floor, construction plans, installation drawings, etc. Weight calculation and hydrostatics/stability/CE calculations completed. Interested? Feel free to contact QYD to discuss possibilities!
What stands out with this launch is the balanced lines and layout, the high freeboard, the planked hull and the beautiful transom. The high hull not only provides extra safety and reduced risk of splashing water, but also a higher backrest. This results in pleasant and dry sitting, so a very high degree of comfort. The electric drive takes it a step further on top of this comfort due to the absence of noise and exhaust gases. You can sail on the battery pack for a day, and then charge it again at night.
The round seat in the front can be filled with the front and rear back cushions, creating a spacious 2-person bed under the folding spray hood. Zipping an extra hood onto the sprayhood creates a wind and watertight canopy for overnight stays, or to leave the boat safely moored. There is ample storage space under the seats and cup holders are provided in the cockpit.
The following design requirements were essential to the design of this sturdy sloop:
* A classic appearance.
* Can be charged anywhere with a standard wall socket.
* Good ergonomics through great attention to the layout and seating comfort.
* Easy boarding and leaving the boat with the steps on starboard and port.
* Enough comfortable seating for 10 persons.
* Suitable for overnight stays with 2 persons.
* Good sailing characteristics for canals, rivers and lakes.
* Can sail for a day without having to recharge the batteries.
* Simple and clear operation.
* Application of durable and low-maintenance materials.
Length over all: 7.00 m
Breadth: 2.56 m
Draft: 0.56 m
Air draft: 1.40 m
Motor power: 8 kW (electric)
Battery capacity: From 11 kWh
Maximum speed: 6,5 knots (12 km/hr)
Cruising speed: 5 knots (9 km/hr)
Building material: Composites or recycled plastic
© Queens Yacht Design Holland